March 31, 2008

Notes from Around the Web

Welcome to all the readers coming to us via Brave New Words. Please visit often!

Binnie Kirshenbaum talks with JBooks.com on the state of the Jewish short story.
==========
Congratulations to Scott Nadelson on his receipt of the Reform Judaism Prize for Jewish Fiction (see an interview with the author in the current issue of Reform Judaism magazine). I've read Nadelson's prizewinning story collection, The Cantor's Daughter, and it is indeed quite good. (I was already a Nadelson fan, having also read and enjoyed Saving Stanley: The Brickman Stories.) Both books were published by Hawthorne Books, a terrific independent publisher based in the Pacific Northwest (even if they passed on publishing my story collection!)
==========
I sure give Solomon, of Solomonia fame, a lot of credit. I don't think I could have sat through the play he recently attended.

No comments: