September 25, 2008

Random Encounter with a Former Editor

On Tuesday night I made my first (and given the way my own writing seems to be going these days, quite likely only) visit to the Random House building on Broadway. I owe that opportunity to the wonderful people at Jewish Book World, who invited me to come to a reception held on the building's 14th floor to celebrate their redesigned publication.

I arrived late (note to self: do not take a crosstown bus when various world leaders and [vice]presidential candidates are in town), but managed to hear a few of the speakers and, even better, caught up with a few people I was very glad to see again.

Among them was Josh Lambert. As former editor of JBooks.com, Josh was the first one there to accept my pitches and publish my work, so he has my eternal gratitude. I'd also noticed in some of his own recent bio notes--he is very much a practicing writer!--that he is about to become a published book author, so I was glad to have the chance to find out more about American Jewish Fiction: A JPS Guide, which will be published in January (JPS, for those who may not know, is the Jewish Publication Society). Expect to hear more about that book from me in due course.

(cross-posted on Practicing Writing)

No comments: