April 28, 2009

Jewish Book World

Over the weekend, I completed my first review for Jewish Book World. I can't yet share the review with you, but I'll tell you this much: I reviewed a (very good) forthcoming novel, and the review is scheduled for publication in the fall issue.

If you're not familiar with Jewish Book World, and you're interested in books on Jewish themes and subjects, you really owe it to yourself to get to know this quarterly magazine. It's a publication of the always-impressive Jewish Book Council, and you can find learn much more about it (and read sample reviews) here (click "Jewish Book World").

And if you subscribe, you'll get to read my review in due course! (Note to potential reviewers: The magazine welcomes new reviewers, but unfortunately does not pay cash for reviews. I'm considering my [relatively short] review dual community service, for the Jewish and literary communities.)

No comments: