November 8, 2009

Notes from Around the Web

The Jewish Week reports that author Jonathan Safran Foer is working on a Haggadah, which will also include contributions from other Jewish writers. Expect it to be available in time for Passover 2011, from Little, Brown.
==========
As Veterans' Day approaches, this column from Deborah Dash Moore reminds us of "The World That Jewish Veterans Built." And I am thinking especially of two Jewish veterans who remain in my heart: my grandfather, Sam Dreifus, and my rabbi and friend, Barry H. Greene.
==========
As a child, I read Esther Hautzig's The Endless Steppe, so I was saddened to read Hautzig's obituary earlier this week.
==========
Zeek's new Web site has gone live.

2 comments:

jessica handler said...

I didn't realized Esther Hautzig had died. I read "The Endless Steppe," too, and have never forgotten it.

Erika D. said...

Yes, sad news, isn't it?