January 14, 2010

The Good, the Bad, and the Very Exciting

First, the good news:

The Jewish Book Council's first Twitter Book Club meeting took place yesterday. Check out the discussion of Jonathan Tropper's This Is Where I Leave You here. Many thanks to the author for stopping by and answering questions.

Now, the bad news:

I was totally unable to post anything! I do not know what I was doing wrong. But none of my "tweets" showed up (and yes, I did include the hashtag). I kept trying to ask what seemed a perfectly simple question: Given how funny the book is (despite some basically sad subject matter), what advice would the author give writers who want/need to hone their humor-writing skills?

And moving on the the very exciting news:

The Jewish Book Council has also announced the latest slate of winners of the National Jewish Book Awards. Congratulations to all!

No comments: