January 19, 2010

Notes from Around the Web

Poet Anne Whitehouse guest-blogs for J World Cafe and describes the genesis of her excellent new collection, Blessings and Curses. The post includes the book's title poem, which I simply love.
==========
I'd be overjoyed to see just a bit of appreciation for the IDF's medical assistance in Haiti appearing in venues beyond, say, Fox News and the Jewish press, but I know not to hold my breath waiting for it. UPDATE: Check this link for a report from CNN and this one for one from CBS News.
==========
This weekend, a friend and I toured the Jewish Museum in New York City. It was far from my first trip there, but it had been years since I'd toured the permanent exhibition. Truly a remarkable treasure. (As for the temporary exhibitions, I think it's safe to say that we preferred "Reinventing Ritual: Contemporary Art & Design for Jewish Life" to "Alias Man Ray: the Art of Reinvention," but I'm not entirely sure why that's the case.)

No comments: