April 26, 2010

Notes from Around the Web

For personal and other reasons, I point you this Forward article on "Holocaust Remembrance at a Distance," about the artistic and other work coming from the "Third Generation," grandchildren of Holocaust survivors. I place myself at the oldest end of this spectrum--I'm older than anyone cited as "3G" in the article--and in some ways, I suspect I don't adhere to the model sketched out here.
==========
Another article on the new Jewish Review of Books, this time by Mark Oppenheimer for The New York Times--and also covering Books & Culture, a Christian-focused publication.
==========
Some interesting job postings: The International Fellowship of Christians & Jews (Chicago) is looking for a Senior Editor, the Charles E. Smith Jewish Day School (Rockville, Md.) seeks a Hebrew Librarian, and MyJewishLearning.com (New York City) is looking for a (paid) intern to work on a new parenting site.

No comments: