July 2, 2010

Notes from Around the Web

As is not uncommon, I agree with Andrew Silow-Carroll: Like him, I did not read The Yiddish Policemen's Union as Michael Chabon's effort to "parod[y] Zionism."
==========
Allison Amend shares a playlist inspired by her novel, Stations West (watch for our forthcoming interview in Jewish Book World).
==========
For a literary take on the summer/Fourth of July, the Paper Cuts blog looks to Gary Shteyngart's newest novel.
==========
Shalom Auslander presents a very funny piece on the voices that accompany his writing over on Tablet (the "Prize Committee" and the "Huffington Poster" voices made me laugh out loud).
==========
Pre-publication posts for my story collection, Quiet Americans, continue over on my other blog. Up this week: Göring, Golda, and other "real-life" characters in fiction.
==========
Allegra Goodman has been guest-blogging for MyJewishLearning.com and the Jewish Book Council this week. Check out her posts on Writing "Jewish" Fiction and World Artists.

And with that, I bid you a Shabbat Shalom!

No comments: